Effective August 5, 2019
BY PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHERWISE USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND OUR TERMS OF SERVICE .
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
When we use the term “personal information,” we mean any information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, as an individual person.
We collect your information from a variety of sources:
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect and use personal information you provide in the following ways:
· Registration. If you register for an account we collect your name, contact information, username and password and – if you choose to provide it – your instrument. If you register for an instructor account, we will also collect your location, services and applicable rates. We use this information to create and administer your account, provide you with the relevant Services and information, communicate with you regarding your account, the Services and for customer support purposes.
· Communications. If you communicate with us through any paper or electronic form, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and any other personal information you choose to provide to us in the content of your message. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the Services and to manage and grow our organization. If you register for our newsletters, we may communicate with you by email. To unsubscribe from promotional messages, please follow the instructions within our messages and review the Online Privacy Choices section below. We may also send you transactional and Service-related messages by email, push notification, or – if you provide your phone number – by text message.
· Lessons. If you order recurring or individual lessons, we will collect your contact and billing information, including payment information, physical address and email address. We process all orders through our third-party payment processor, who assists us in completing your transaction, communicating with you about your order and for customer support purposes. When you sign up for lessons, we collect information about the date, time, frequency and cost of the lessons. We may also collect your reviews and ratings of your instructor or lessons if you choose to provide it. We use this information to help manage our roster of instructors, inform our users about instructors and help the instructor schedule lessons, track their class progress, revenue and their retention of students.
· Events. If you fill out any forms at or relating to musicbuk events, including recitals, we collect your contact and demographic information and any other information requested on the form, such as information about the people you invite. We use this information to manage and facilitate the event and to communicate with you about the event and future events or services that may be of interest to you.
· Scholarship Applications. If you apply for a scholarship, we will collect your name, contact information, demographic information and information about your economic and educational history. We use this information to evaluate your eligibility for a scholarship and to facilitate and administer our scholarship program.
· Job Applications. If you apply for a job or instructor role, we will collect your name, contact information, demographic information, education and work history, work eligibility information and any other information you choose to provide. Eligible candidates may be asked to undergo a background check or other screening measures, which are facilitated by our third-party partners. We use this information to determine your eligibility for the role, facilitate your candidacy, make hiring decisions and communicate with you through the hiring process.
Information from Third Party Sources.
We may receive personal information about you from other users or our business partners and service providers and combine this information with other data we collect from you.
· Referrals. We may obtain information about you from other users who think you may be interested in the Services. If so, we will collect your name and contact information, which we will use to reach out to you with information about our Services.
· Background Check Information. For job or instructor candidates, we may obtain information about you from references or our third-party background check partners, which we will use to determine your eligibility for the role and make hiring decisions.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We use various technologies to collect information about the device or browser you use to navigate our sites, or from your use of our services, including:
· Web Logs. Like many websites and email communications, we automatically collect certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We then analyze patterns on our Services, manage and administer the content, improve the performance of the services, and for fraud protection and to protect our rights and the rights and safety of individuals.
· Google Analytics. We use “Google Analytics” to collect information about your use of the Website. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users access the services, what pages they access when they do so and what other sites they used prior to using the services. Google uses the data collected to track and examine the use of the Services, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. To learn more about the use of data collection technologies by Google for analytics and to exercise choice regarding those technologies, please visit theGoogle Analytics Opt-Out browser add-on page.
Other Uses of Personal Information.
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
· To create, maintain, improve, and operate the Website and services.
· To personalize your user experience.
· To prepare tax forms as legally permitted.
· To communicate with you to provide technical or administrative support.
· To conduct, manage, and grow our organization.
· To analyze, research, and investigate the use of our services.
· To prevent, investigate, and provide fraud notifications, unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of personal information, our data system services, and to meet governmental and institutional policy obligations.
· To investigate and resolve disputes and security issues and to enforce our Terms of Service.
· For any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
2. HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
· Service Providers. We share personal information with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as technology providers (including web and mobile platforms and hosting providers, email communications providers, analytics providers and data storage providers) and our payment providers for any orders you may make.
· Regulatory or Legal Requirements, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose personal information to governmental regulatory authorities as required by law, including for tax or accounting purposes, in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations. We may also disclose personal information to third-parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or any other person, to protect against fraud or credit risk, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
· Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information as part of an organizational business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing, or sale of organizational assets and may transfer personal information to a third-party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. We may also disclose personal information in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
· Publicly. At your direction, we may make your information publicly available, such as if you post public comments on our Services or provide instructor reviews.
3. ONLINE PRIVACY CHOICES
A. Online Advertising.
We support the self-regulatory principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). We work with advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies (“Ad Partners”) that use data collection technologies to understand how our Website and services are being used and to analyze your browsing history in order to deliver advertising relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related insights. These advertisements may appear on other websites or services, including through social media networks. These Ad Partners may be able to associate devices across third party websites or services over time and link various devices used by the same individual.
For more information about how Ad Partners use the information collected by these technologies and your options for restricting cookies placed by some of these Ad Partners, please visit the DAA’s opt-out page . The DAA’s opt-outs are device- and browser-specific and may not work on all devices. If you choose to opt-out through the DAA’s tools it does not mean you will cease to see advertising. Rather, the ads you see will be based on the website you are visiting and not your interests.
B. Privacy Preferences.
You have some choices regarding how we use your personal information, including the following:
· Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have questions about reviewing, changing or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com . We may not be able to change or delete your information in all circumstances.
· How to Control Your Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes or updates to features of the Services, technical and security notices).
· How to Control Regularly Scheduled Lessons. You may control the automatic recurrence of lessons and payments through your account’s menu, which can be found within the musicbuk application. If you choose to cancel your regularly scheduled lessons, you may be charged for the lesson subject to our Terms of Service.
4. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13), nor are the Services targeted towards children under the age of thirteen. In the event we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age thirteen, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have received information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain integrations or links to third party websites or services, including those of our business partners. By interacting with these third parties, you may be providing information directly to the third party. Please note that musicbuk is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties or any entity that it does not own or control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and online terms of those third parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US
Privacy @ musicbuk
Atlanta Tech Village
3423 Piedmont Road NE
Atlanta, GA, 30305